June 5, 2012

Lime Grilled Chicken with Black Bean and Mango Salsa

First of all, I apologize for the awful, blurry photos in this post. They were taken with my old digital camera, before I knew how to take pictures of objects close up. The next time I make this dish, I'll take some new photos. The food may look blurry here, but it sure is tasty!

I found this recipe online a few years ago. I wish I could remember where so I could give credit! It has become one of my favorite summer time meals.

The recipe is easy to make and very flavorful. Sometimes citrus marinades are too strong, but this one is nice and light. I tend to make more of the salsa than I really need so I can snack on it while waiting for the chicken to grill. :)

I usually slice the chicken into strips after grilling it, and I serve it with some brown rice.


 

Lime Grilled Chicken with Black Bean and Mango Salsa

Salsa

1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed well
1 ripe mango, peeled and finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped red onion
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (optional)
Juice of one lime

Chicken Marinade

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tsp grated lime zest
Juice of one lime
2 tsp olive oil
salt
pepper

To make the salsa:

In a medium bowl, mix together the black beans, mango, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and jalapeno pepper. Set the salsa aside while you prepare and grill the chicken.

To make the chicken:

Preheat the grill or broiler.

Place the chicken in a shallow dish. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken. Add the lime zest, lime juice, and oil. Rub the mixture into the chicken. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes.

Place the chicken on the grill rack or broiler pan (4" from the heat). Cook, turning once, until the chicken is no longer pink in the thickest part (10-12 minutes).

Serve the chicken with the salsa.

Makes 4 servings

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy and it is mango season right now! Stopping by via Interactive blog team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, HC! If you try out the recipe, let me know what you think of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum - that sounds good. If I had a mango at home I'd make this tonight. I might still make the lime chicken

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...