July 8, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

It's been busy at our house the last few days, but I've managed to squeeze in a little time to stitch here and there. I thought I had finished all of my samples for my newest QR Code items, but I may have to stitch up a new one in blue.

After spending hours trying to match up embroidery floss colors with the colors of the ribbon I plan to use, I discovered that I didn't have enough of the blue ribbon I found in my stash. It's a fairly common brand, but after visiting both craft stores in my area, I came up empty. Both stores carry the brand, but they had three other blues - one is too light, one is too dark, and the other is more of a teal instead of a blue.

I was super excited about having the perfect colors chosen, but now I have to figure something else out. In the meantime, the next step for these little guys is to get them stretched and framed in hoops and finish the backs. I'll post pictures when they're done.  :)

Picture of QR Code cross stitch pieces waiting to be stretched in hoops.
Some new QR Code cross stitch pieces

My blue ribbon saga of sadness:


Shades of blue ribbon
Still searching for the perfect blue ribbon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...