July 3, 2012

Chipotle-Style Cilantro-Lime Rice

More food! I know! I think I might be a little addicted to it.  :p

Anyway, yesterday I wrote about one of my "go to" sauces. Today, I'm letting you in on a little side dish secret. I love Chipotle. I could eat it every day. Every Day. BUT, it's really not all that great for you. About a year ago, I happened upon a woman that tries to make lighter versions of dishes, including some Chiptole recipes (Skinny Taste). I found her recipe for Chipotle's Cilantro-Lime Rice through Pinterest. After making her version, I decided that I could cut more salt and oil out of the recipe to make it even better for you, without sacrificing taste. Here's my version:

Chipotle's Cilantro-Lime Rice

3 - 3.5 cups cooked extra long grain  rice or basmati rice (about 1 cup pre-cooked)
1 Tbsp lime juice
2 tsp vegetable oil
3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
3/4 tsp salt

In a medium bowl, combine the chopped cilantro, lime juice, oil, and salt. Stir to combine. Add the rice, and toss until completely mixed.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, so tasty looking! Can't wait to try the recipe! Thanks for sharing! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make this recipe far more often than I should. If you love Chipotle, you're to love this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Chipotle! Will try this soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...