May 26, 2013

More Embroidery Please! - Summer Stitching Club

I've been cross stitching for a long time, but I never really did much embroidery until about two or three years ago. For my first project with embroidery, I stuck to simple back-stitched names on Christmas stockings I made for my family and some close family friends. I'll probably share that project someday, but here's a peek at how they turned out.

Christmas Stockings
I really enjoy all the love that goes into something that is hand-stitched, so I've been trying to incorporate more embroidery into my projects. Right now, I'm working on an ABC Quilt for my son that has a lot of hand embroidery, and I love the way it's all coming together. I've been on the lookout for another embroidery project, maybe something for myself, and I found the perfect thing!

I've been following Mollie's Wild Olive blog for a while now, and was really excited when she wrote about her summer stitching club. Each week of June, July, and August she will send a tiny embroidery pattern to stitch up that will be made into little hexies. The tiny patterns will be great for a busy mom like me to finish quickly, and I'll finally get to make some hexies. I've been dying to try them! At the end of the summer, they'll all be put together into a cute little project. I'm really looking forward to my weekly emails!

If you want to join in too, it's just $5 if you sign up by June 2nd ($8 starting June 3rd). I think it's an awesome deal! You can click the picture below to go to her site.


2 comments:

  1. wow that does sound like a really great deal. I'm a total novice at stitching, but have been having lots of fun just messing around with it :)

    juni
    http://hejjuni.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a sort of self-taught embroiderer; I learned mostly from tutorials I've read/seen online. My stitching is not very consistent yet, but I'm trying to get more practice. It's a lot of fun, and it's never too late to start. You should try it!

      Delete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...