December 30, 2013

Christmas on Gingerbread Lane

I've been working on a lot of projects recently, but they all take a lot of time! I post a lot of progress picture on Instagram, but it feels a little silly to devote a blog post to a small amount of progress on a large project. I finally have a new finished project to share with you (and some time to write about it)!

I still need to iron it and frame it, but my most recent project finish is this beauty:


This cute pattern is Christmas on Gingerbread Lane from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. I usually use embroidery hoops to finish my projects (which are a lot smaller), so I have never mounted and framed my stitching. I'm excited (and a little nervous) to do it with this project. I bought a red metal frame from Jo-Ann's when I got to use a coupon on top of the crazy frame sale, but I'm not sure if I want to use it. Since Christmas has already come and gone, I have time to get this project framed before I pull all my Christmas decorations out for next year, so I guess I have time to find the "right" frame for it. I also need to order some mounting boards for this project and a few others. I think it'll be fun to do something new!

If you recall, I have also been stitching up the FPS's 2013 Woodland Sampler. I am so close to finishing it! I just have the December frame and the bonus frame left to stitch up. I was really hoping to have it all done by the end of the year, but since that is tomorrow, I don't think it's going to happen. Either way, I can't wait to share that finish with you!

I love making my own patterns, but it has been a lot of fun stitching up FPS designs and sharing them with others I've connected with from all over the world online. So, I already have everything ready to stitch up their 2014 Once Upon a Time Sampler (starts on January 10th)! Do you want to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...