November 13, 2013

Heartmade Holidays Ornament Exchange - Done!

At the end of October, I signed up to participate in Heartmade Life's holiday ornament exchange. We got info about our swap partner at the beginning of November and get to make two ornaments for them. The deadline to mail them out is this coming Monday, but I managed to not only finish in time, but I finished early! This is a big accomplishment for a procrastinator like me.

My swap partner loves the color teal, so I based my ornaments on that. I knew that I didn't want to do the same type of crafting for both, and after a lot of thinking and searching for inspiration on Pinterest, I settled on one crocheted ornament and one embroidered ornament. Here are my cuties:


I found the pattern for the crocheted snowman HERE. For the snowflake, I did a Google search for snowflake line drawings and found one I liked. I traced it onto tissue paper and stitched through the tissue paper onto white felt. The back side has another white felt circle, and I stitched 2013 in the center of it. There is a slightly larger dark gray felt circle sandwiched between the two white pieces, and I hand-stitched the three pieces together.

I really like the way they turned out. My son is obsessed with the snowman and didn't want to give it up, so I have another one in the works. I really hope my swap partner likes them, and I can't wait to get my own little surprise in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...